Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Jeans!!!!!!

Jeans. Everybody loves it. Everybody wants to buy it. Everybody wants to wear it. The whites, the colored, the aged, the kids, all love jeans.

I got my first jeans when i was 10. It was bought for my cousin's wedding. It was some 20 years back and I just have a vague memory about it.

The second one was bought when I was 16, during my 10th class(1996), after a long fight with my parents as they considered it to be worn by hippies!!!!! RUF-N-TUF!!!! Yes. The famous brand endorsed by Akshay Kumar. The ready-to-stitch wear. I bought it from one of the shops and gave it for stitching. Whatever happened, happened bad. I wanted the five pocket style and the tailor stitched it like a normal pants and more - with pleets in front. I can remember friends making fun of me for wearing jeans pants!! I just remembered, there was a big reason for me going for a ready-to-stitch. Besides the fact that readymade ones were costly, I had this problem of having a narrow waistline. So not many readymade dresses fit me.

I was very upset for not having a jeans. So after so much of pleading, I got one more RUF-N-TUF. This time another color, light blue. I gave it to a different tailor. It was still not my time to wear a decent jeans. The tailor did follow the five pocket pattern but made such a mess of my jeans that the bum part was too large, too big. As if I had an extraordinarily huge bum. I had to adjust it by not tucking in the shirt or the T.

Another ready-to-stitch came during one of my birthdays from my uncle. This time luckily I got it properly stitched. And I remember using it till it was torn so much that it would have been a fashion now. It was not a fashion during late 90's. He hee..

Later I had many. By the time I was doing my PG course, I joined the 26 inches club which was the least size for branded jeans . I had a couple of them. But still the narrow waist problem haunted me.

I joined work and there I made some progress and managed to become 28 inches and remained for a long time. Around 4 years. And now.......

I got married. I grew. I grew more around my waist than anywhere else. No wonder people say I put on weight. I did, I agree. But now, I sit in a 30 inch jeans, bought 4 days back thinking how to get rid of this tight jeans. Whats your size? He hee...

2 comments:

Mahesh Ranganathan said...

That's good news that you are putting up some weight :)...Jeans is always a passion especially during school days and you were right it was very difficult to convince the parents...Now we are in a situation,eventhough you have n number of jeans,you need to wear formals most of the time :).But I should say still jeans still hold high position..

Unknown said...

:):)