Saturday, August 16, 2008

The voice ..... Part II

Two years had gone.....And its time again for a fight......This guy joined our school from some other......He joined us in 9th standard..... We were friends.... and you know what.... we were bench mates..... He was not so good in studies..... So he used to take my help.... I used to help him out.... He used to take my books home to write down the notes...... Ohh... That was a himalayan task...... How many note books we have written...... History, geography..... Oh god!!!!! So the time came for us to quarrel..... We had some arguement.... calling 'names' .... some pulling and pushing.... inside the class..... But it wasnt so serious, I thought..... It was during our lunch interval.... It was a wednesday...... We have two hours drill on that day.... Last two periods...... Usually we are allowed to play in that time.....He did not talk to me after the interval..... There was one period......He kept mum..... Then we went to the playground for soccer....But, things were not so, as I thought...... He was very much disturbed by one of the 'name' I called him..... I dont remember which.... But he was real serious...... He did not join us for soccer.... I was playing.... After a very long, exhausting dribble I was gasping and was taking rest near the goal post........ The goal post was actually supporting me to stand...... I was like glued to the post....... I didnt see this guy coming near me..... He came and ..... THUD!!!!........ he blew a hard blow behind my back..... it took the whole air out of me..... I was stunned for a moment......Everyone who was near was also shocked.... Only we two knew the reason...... I sat down........... 'ATTACKK' - there came the voice.....what could I do other than obeying..... the voice from inside..... I stood up..... He got into his heels..... He ran towards the school building......He sure knew he was faster than me!!!! Also that if he is inside the building, I wont dare to do anything..... But I did extra..... I could catch him before he got in and before others came running to us.....But the place was a bit risky...... I caught him near our Electronics class room..... and our Electronics teacher - another drill sargent - who is know for his short-temper is there in the class..... teaching our seniors.... What a place to catch a fish..... Now I am in trouble.... I cant beat him right here..... If I do, the sargent will come to know..... If I dont, I loose the chance..... Also, the occassion is not so big that I beat him up after 2-3 days... or whenever I get him all alone..... for which the chances are less......But, my other classmates interfered.... They didnt know it would become a chance for me.... When we two were pulling pushing each other, some of them came to resolve..... during talks, He still in my clasp.... they pushed us away from the Electronics classroom's window...... Now the angle is clear.... No teacher can see us ...... The troubleshooters had actually concentrated on my hand which was holding him... So my other hand was free..... Idea struck..... I calculated the way by which i can reach his cheek bone....Closed my fist.....THUD!!!!!!!...... the balancer....... He was shocked..... others too..... they knew it balanced the game..... so they left...... he also knew it is a balancer..... so he didnt fight back.... But he didnt cry.... He was a hard boiled egg..... As usual, I went upto him, said sorry and befriended him, the next day......

No comments: